Shoe Mill store locations are authorized drop off sites for footwear donations/ recycling to Soles4Souls! We have had the privilege of working with Soles4Souls through various charitable donations over the years and have always appreciated the good work they do in providing footwear to those in need. Our staff believes every person deserves a pair of shoes. Help us spread this opportunity to help!

View or locations here. For bulk drop off please use Shoe Mill Headquarters

 Did you know?

  • Since 2006, Soles4Souls has distributed more than 35 million pairs of new and gently-worn shoes in 127 countries around the world to help provide relief and create economic opportunities.
  • Soles4Souls has kept more than 47 million pounds of shoes out of landfills.
  • We work directly with over 1,200 domestic and international non-profits to distribute free shoes and clothing to people in need and in times of disaster.
  • The World Bank estimates that 767 million, or 1 in 10 people around the world, live on less than $1.90 per day. 385 million are children.[1] Many don’t have access to a sustainable job or resources to provide for themselves. Meanwhile many simply can’t afford adequate shoes and are left vulnerable to disease. Children often don’t meet uniform requirements in order to attend school and are at risk of falling behind and unable to receive an education.
  • On average, Americans throw away 70 pounds of textiles (shoes and clothing) per person, per year.[2] That adds up to 21 billion pounds of unnecessary waste added to our landfills. The EPA estimates that only 15% of clothing and footwear in the U.S., is recycled, leaving the remaining 85% in our landfills.[3]
  • In many developing countries, walking is a primary mode of transportation. Each day millions face the dangers of cuts, fungus, contaminated soil and insect bites that lead to infection, disease, amputation and death. Providing safe, sturdy shoes could help end this cycle.
  • In the United States, 12.7% of the population lives below the poverty line according to the U.S. Census Bureau's 2016 estimates.[4] When we can help provide a pair of shoes, we’re helping bridge the economic gap. For these families, a new pair of shoes provides dignity and hope.

 

[1] http://www.worldbank.org/en/understanding-poverty

[2] http://weardonaterecycle.org/index.html

[3] https://www.epa.gov/facts-and-figures-about-materials-waste-and-recycling/textiles-material-specific-data

[4] https://www.census.gov/library/publications/2017/demo/p60-259.html